Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Grand Canyon! Finally!



So, it took forever and a day, but we made it!
On Sunday, we woke up at the wee hours of the morning and drove off; it was a nice, uncrowded drive until the Canyon. Then, the adventure began.
Let's get this straight: I am NOT outdoorsy. I would rather chill on the couch with a book (or better yet, YouTube) than be walking around in the dirt. Yet... I have to tell you, the beauty was BREATHTAKING. I was so humbled by that massive structure (or hole, if you prefer)... It was amazing to be able to take it all in.

The WALKING part was not my favorite. I was not prepared, was wearing TOMS (instead of proper hiking shoes), and just did not want to walk around... which was kind of silly. I had fun going down the Canyon, but climbing back was another story... Mmmh, yeah, next time I go hiking there (if I ever do),  I'll make sure I am so in shape I can run a 10K.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy.

Love, xoxo
D.


Doesn't that sunrise look like a face?

Delicious!













NO Glamour here :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment