Saturday, December 22, 2012

Feeling the Christmas Spirit: Red Roses!

Hello Bloggers!!!!!

Last week, I had the pleasure of attending my company's  Christmas Gala. It was a fancy affair, so I tried my best to be fresh, stylish and proper at the same time. Quite a delicate balance, but I think I did alright :)

I really wanted to be out of the ordinary, while being cheap (you know me!), so I had to be creative; I am not a big fan of tight short dresses, because 1) they tend to ride up and 2) I am somewhat taller average,so they are quick to look distasteful for anything else than a soiree with close friends. Also, I was not sure about a floor length gown, because I was not positive how formal the evening would be; I therefore opted to go the tight bodice - full skirt route.

I fell in LOVVVVE with this creation from ASOS; it was already on sale, and I got it on Cyber Monday, which made it even cheaper! Scoooore!
It is very runway-esque; I love the rose detail on the skirt, its "pouffiness", and the delicate detail on the bodice. They are tasteful additions and make the dress look way more expensive than it really is. (reminds me of this one here ; available here, similar here; this one is different, but pretty.)

I added some plain black tights (not to steal the spotlight from the dress) and a black puff shoulder blazer. The shoes (can you say cute!) were from ROSS, and they were $12! They are made out of a gorgeous gray suede-like material, with the cutest little black bows (somewhat similar ones here and here.) I also threw on a simple black belt featured in this post. My final accessory was a multicolored braided bead necklace, which I believed added just the right amount of "jazz" to an already quite festive combination (similar here, here and here - love this last option. I also followed Coco Chanel's advice and removed my earrings before leaving the house.) I finally grabbed my trusty braided black clutch featured in this post, and I was on the GO!

Enjoy the pics, and until next time, be safe and fashionable!

Xoxo,

D.








































Info Corner
Dress: ASOS
Tights: Leggs
Shoes: ROSS
Belt: Old, no idea
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Blazer: H&M

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment